Welcome

A place for random posts about painting and modelling miniatures for historical, fantasy, and science fiction tabletop games.

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Project '93 - Forest Goblin Spider Rider

 Happy Orktober

I started Project '93 last year to celebrate my discovery Warhammer Fantasy Battle 30 years ago with the Fourth Edition Starter Box. I set out to paint all of the goblins that came with the original set include the miniatures that only had card stock minis at the time.

Well I finally got my made to order shipment from GW and I finally have my Marauder Giant and Orc Shaman on of Wyvern

My aim is to get those two miniatures plus Chieftain Grom's Goblin War Chariot done by the end of the month. A tall order but I thinking a fitting end of this project.

As for current painting, I finally made some major milestones

I completed several units, the one I am most excited about is the Forest Goblin Spider Riders.

Background

If my research is right, the only way to buy a Forest Goblin Spider Rider was in individual blister and they were all metal. The earliest reference I could find was the 1993 Catalogue. This made them one of the more expensive units in goblins armies and very rarely seen on the table top. It was not until 2006 and the Battle of Skull Pass was released that contained 10 Plastic Spider Riders. Till this day, GW is still selling them same exact miniatures for Age of Sigmar.

Painting

It took me off and on 3 months to paint this unit. Life and other project kept interrupting the process. 

Using references from White Dwarf, I tried to capture the brightly colored forest goblins and their mounts.






No comments:

Post a Comment