Welcome

A place for random posts about painting and modelling miniatures for historical, fantasy, and science fiction tabletop games.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Post CONJuration 2016 Report

I wanted to wait a few weeks before I posted about my gaming group, The Crimson Blades at CONJuration 2016.

For those who do not know what that is, it is a Three Day Fantasy Convention here in Atlanta, GA. It is dedicated to fantasy literature and fantasy in general. There is a strong Harry Potter element to the convention but LotR, Narnia, Supernatural, and other fantasy is also present. This will have been our third year attending and out second year of being a panelist/game master at the Convention. My group ran an number of panels about fantasy rpgs.

I hosted three Classic D&D (BECMI version)  Sessions at the convention. I used a recurring theme for all three sessions, The Sea of Dread. I broke out all of the bells and whistles for the games. Printed pre-gens and bags of dice for players, miniatures, my library of dungeon and wilderness tiles.

The first session was a swashbuckling adventure involving pirate goblins, a vampire pirate captain and a hermit were-shark.

The second session was an tomb raider style romp through an ancient temple.

The third session was a dinosaur themed hunting trip where the party had to help a clueless noble bag a  T-Rex.

Every game I ran was at capacity. I had at least 10 players at every game with 13 being the most..I had to turn some people away I had some salty veterans and a lot of people who had never played before.

The overall response for all the participants was great and I had received a number of postive reviews during the Con and after the CON.

My group is planing on going back next year and putting on even more games.



No comments:

Post a Comment